Friday, June 27, 2008

Tanjobi Omedetou

There is only one day in a year other than xmas and new yr when you will get tonnes of messages over night... Woke up early in the morning even though i am on leave and saw 7 unread messages on my phone, followed up by those phone calls and msgs throughout the day. Thanks to all for remembering =)

Had my birthday celebration with cousins last week and here's that i have got from them.... Assorted birthday cakes from Goodwood park and capitaland vouchers coz they have no idea what to get for me.


Colleagues also celebrated my bdae for me and from the pic, you can know how old i am this year =) oh mine, three more years i will hit the 30s. I was given the choice to chose my own cake so i got myself a Passion Fruit Meringue from Pattisier which i simply love and all thanks to taya for making the way down to Ann Siang to collect it.

Last yr, i told them that it was my last birthday year being single and this year they were telling me that this is my last birthday before a new addition. Times really flies.



BE bot me this for my bdae present as i have always wanted a white watch to wear for my weekends and he also planned the itinery for this special day.


We went to Orchard in the afternoon to do some more shopping before i become too clumsy and had Pepper lunch for lunch - i simply love their beef steak (previously known as Shimofuri beef) as it is tender even after having it well-done as it has marble fats in the meat.

Then we went around shopping at DFS, Scotts Isetan, Taka for my diaper bag... When we were at Agnes B, Junie appeared and gave me a surprise shout, it was so loud that most of the ppl in the shop knew that it was my bdae. It was such a sweet touch as she managed to get BE's mobile and liaise with him to find out my whereabouts so that she can appear in front of me with Hokkaido eclairs. As it is still early for her appt, she joined us for shopping and tea at a cafe in Taka (Royal something...) Never really notice the existence of this place which is just besides Burberry level 2.


BE specially made dinner appt at Gr@ze located at Rochester Park as it is known to have nice ambience.

Outside
Inside

Love the outside but given the humid weather condition, we had a seat inside with aircon instead. Their service is recommendable as i was given a pillow to support my back which is so thoughtful of them. Before deciding on what to eat, we were asked if we will like to have sparkling or still water so we had still water instead still water which costs us $9 *ouch*. For dinner, I chose an entree of duck liver pate and wild mushroom risotto and BE had crispy hand-rolled pork hock. Both of us didnt find the food fantastic, not sure if this is bcoz we went there with a full stomach? or it is really not nice? We decided to give their dessert a try and chose Chocolate Creme Brulee which is not too bad but a little too sweet for his liking.

Our verdict - super nice ambience only and this is how I spend my special day..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Bday!!!
Seriously i forgot... =X
too much chaos at work... paisei paisei...

mr anything

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so honest, i dont mind belated wishes as it is the tots that counts..

Hope you are ok with work given the recent saga...

xin