Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bridal Gowns

Went down to the Bridal Shop to design my gowns last Monday thinking that they will provide me with a design instead of having myself to come out with one. In the end, my bf gives the designer more ideas as compared to me such as no big ballgown for me as I am not too tall and tulle looks nice on me, etc... Got reprimand by him thereafter for choosing to custom-made and yet not having any ideas in mind.

I decided to strive hard and do some research coz have to confirm my design soon. Datelines are tight. Design confirmation date this Friday, first fitting early Apr, second fitting early May, third fitting end May, photoshoot in June and final fitting in July just in case i turn obese before my wedding due to stress. Haha

I will go for lace as my theme as i simply love them. Wedding gown will be a wavy shaped bustier ruffled with organza over lace, small black crystals flowers across the bodice and tulle skirt. It will change into a long satin train when i march in during solemnization and dinner with additional cost. Luckily, bf is pretty ok about it. Phew. As for evening gown, no firm ideas yet but the designer drew out something for me which is similar to what Mary Steenburgen is wearing during Oscars Awards - plunging halter neckline except that the sides are translucent with chiffon. Other than chosing the design, i need to select the colours some more, have to find one which stands out and does not clash with the banquet gold setup. Shortlist several colours like sapphire blue, wine red and deep royal purple etc

No comments: