Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Our Life Cycle......

Just got to know that this friend of mine, Jan, who got married in March is 6 weeks pregnant - made in taiwan. Feel so happy for her as she is my first close friend who got pregnant officially hehe... Expected to be due in Feb. CONGRATULATIONS BABE!

Our Life Cycle
When you are young, parents will take care of you....
When you are an adult, you have to take care of parents.... (did we???)
When you are old, your kids will have to take care of you.....

No one can understand the hardship parents went thru till you become one. Do we use the same effort or time taking care of our parents now as compared to how they spend time nurturing us when we were young? Till now, i must admit that i still behave like a small kid in my family and wont need to worry about household chores, meals etc as it is all taken care of my beloved parents. They will faithfully call and ask if i need dinner and make sure that my dinner is heated up when i eat it, help me with the washing, tidy my messy room, empty my overflow rubbish bin.....

After knowing that i am getting married soon, my parents behave weirdly at times. Recently i called to ask if they will like to have supper. They werent hungry at all but decided to have it as they know that there will be lesser opportunites for me to buy supper for them in future as i wont be staying with them. Another incident is my dad actually told my mama that he wants to celebrate my birthday for me this year, it is quite rare for him to initiate. They are really dear to me as much as i dont express it to them openly. Will definitely miss them and hope i wont tear as much during my wedding day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet....... :_/


i remember your birthday is coming ok? hahaha....

hei
=)

Anonymous said...

Wow, dats quite a lot of thoughts..Qiao is fast, c&p ur post on her blog liao (juz like I did with Mr Anything's post hahha).. ain't gonna do the same, otherwise everyone is gona have everyone's post haha.. your parents are always so cute to me, in their actions, words and stuff. Makes me think of my own situation... =)
Anywayz, knowing you, i better bring a whole carton of tissue paper to standby on your wedding day. =p

~Devilette~

Anonymous said...

1st...congratz!! it never easy for 2 persons 2 b bonding in marriage. the fact tt 15 sep has been become a reality is pure happiness for both of u...

missing our parents....we always do..some chose 2 show some chose nt 2...im the latter...wat i can say is on ur marriage day hug ur mummy n dadday..rem to say "thank you"...itz very impt...u nid nt explain..a word fr u is enuf 2 warm their heartz...*oh no...hw cme my eyes are wet..*

well..u hv chosen ur path...rem tt tis path is juz the start..it will still lead u back 2 ur parentz..the greatest gift 2 return 2 them is 2 show them u r doing great...blissfully great..

~~zhiyong~~

Eliz . Xin said...

I tear abit when i wrote this posting, didnt expect ZY to feel this way too haha

Family is important; friends are too.. without all of you, my life will be as plain as a piece of white paper. THANK YOU for being around and i wanted to say........

I LOVE YOU!!!! haha =)

Anonymous said...

hhahaha...ya lor.....i cut n paste....must spread all your blogs to the world...hahaa.....my friends here can read as well.....
coz they want to read english post.....

Hei =)

Anonymous said...

hahah i KNOW u teared while writing =p

~Devilette~